Restaurant Live Orders Display app is available on Clover USA App Market, since February 1st 2019.
NEWS UPDATE: March 4th 2019:
Display Tablet app version 1.19 now provides choices of 4, 5, 8, or 10 Orders per page-screen view.
Must only use an Android Tablet with O.S. 4.4 or better for kitchen & Barista order displays.
Any Tablet smaller that ten-inches will not be practical to view 8 or 10 orders per sceen. Too small to read easily.
If kitchen user wishes to see orders details enlarged, just tap midde of order details to get a pop-up screen.
See screen picture below with 10 orders on one view. This is from a Samsung ten-inch Tab-A Tablet.
The app instantly displays new order items on display Tablets.
- Items show fast because display Tablet connects direct to Clover station-device using local WiFi.
- (This display app does not need to get orders via the Internet from Clover.com).
The app filters line items to display on different 'preparation area' Tablets: 'Barista', 'Hot Food', 'Pizza oven'
- App uses Clover standard Inventory Label-IDs which you create & name for each 'prep area'.
See FAQs (top right) explaining how to install & use the app:
- The display Tablet app is downloaded from this page
- The Clover station, Mini & Flex install automatically after you sign up on Clover AppMarket
- Re-boot Clover devices after signing up to get the 'auto-install' after first sign-up.
Note to existing users from before 23-Feb. Clover station apk was updated Feb 23rd. See new features below:
- All users, new & existing, must download the display APK version available above.
- Click on "APK Download"
Can use a Laptop-PC to download & Save APK to a folder you can easily find ( i.e. name 'display Apk files')
- Can connect each Android display Tablet to Laptop-PC using Tablet USB charging cable.
- Use Laptop-PC 'Explorer' to copy APK and save it into Tablet 'Download' folder.
- On Tablet, open 'My Files', click to install APK 'Restaurant display APK'. & 'Open' it
- The alternative is to open Tablet browser on this support page & select 'APK Download'.
1. You can choose to view: 4, 5. 8, or 10: Orders per page.
Below setting is ( 10-Orders ) per view:
Below we set Tablet hardware Font size set to 'smallest':
Below page with ten orders per view on the 10-inch Tablet & where hardware Font size was set to 'smallest':
2. Can choose different Colors for background on each 'Order Type'
- Use Clover 'Set-up' to create Order types (Dine-In ; Drive-Thru ; Take-away Walk-up ; Delivery etc).
- On Clover station 'Restaurant Live Orders APK' Select [ Order Types ]
- Ap screen opens & shows message: "Order Types synced successfully"
- Select 'OK'. Screen shows the Ordre Types from your Clover account.
- Select colours on right of each Order Type. When finished, select return <- arrow top-left.
- See examples below: "Drive-Thru" "Walk-up" "Sit-in Dine-In" "Delivery"
3. Above shows 4-Orders per view, where Tablet hardware Font size is medium-to-large.
- The view was set to 4-orders per page
- If orders at lunch time have more items per order, can set to view 4 or 5 orders per page
- Can scroll to right to see more new orders.
4. Can display 'Custom & Standard Modifiers'.
- See above “Coconut flakes”. This was typed manually while entering order.
- The other modifiers ("1/2 shot Espresso" "1 shot Espresso") are Standard & were created in Clover Inventory.
- Standard modifiers are more accurate & save time by not requiring typing while taking orders.
5. Can replace order no (1-99) with text on top line “Blue Pick up”, or “Tom Gina” etc were typed after ‘Saved’ Register order:
By using Clover set-up to “Manually enter order text-no” instead on 1-99 Order Recurring, Clover Register asks for typed order text-no.
6. The app filters line items to display on different 'preparation area' Tablets: 'Barista', 'Hot Food', 'Pizza oven':
- Use Clover Inventory to 'Add Label-ID'
- Allocate all coffee-tea items to 'Hot Drinks' Label
- Allocate all Pizza inventory items to 'Pizza Oven' Label
Kitchen staff use Tablet app settings to choose which preparation area to specify:
- Select from drop-down list based in your own Labels,
- Example: Cold food; Desserts ; Drinks ; Mains ; Starters, etc
Kitchen display Tablet app settings page, choose (A) or (B) above:
(A) when you only wish to see 'Open' orders
(B) when you want to also view orders when 'Completed'
7. Clover station-device sends orders direct to display Tablets, using local WiFi network (LAN)
- Display Tablets receive the orders direct & immediately from local Clover station,
- Kitchen Display Tablet does not use an Internet connection to get order details.
- The benefits are that display app is very fast & reliable.
- Orders show instantly after entry on Clover.
8. Who is App designed for ? It is perfect for:
- Café-diner / Coffee shops which need separate displays for Coffees & Hot food
- Food trucks which have no Internet access
- Offline Clover station can send orders to locally connected display tablets.
9. The app replaces the need for kitchen printers & saves the costs of printer ribbon ink & paper.
- On Kitchen printers, an updated order needs to be re-printed,
- Wasts paper & time to re-read updated paper order.
- On display tablets, the order details are updated instantly,
- Faster, clear, up-to-date information to kitchen.
- Restaurant Live Orders Display app saves time, paper & money.
10. Restaurant Live Orders Display app features include:
- Shows Clover Order type (Dine-In, Take-away, Delivery)
- Highlights standard modifiers in Red font
- (+ New line for each Modifier)
- Action 'Done' button on each line item & on overall order.
- [ Done ] button top right of each order to mark all lines 'Completed'
- For App Settings option (B), can toggle between 'Open' & 'Completed' views.