XLS Uploader Web-App, from RetailCP is a fast and easy way to import Customer details list to Clover.
A lot faster than typing in those details.
See detailed user notes at end this main page & FAQ no 1 on 'How to use Uploader.
Xls Uploader app unique features:
Includes 'Notes' field. Can add 2,000 characters of data from existing customer history.
'CleanUp' feature to remove all existing Clover customers, before importing new list.
The App will ignore blank-empty Rows & Columns.
App removes invalid details in email address.
Please read the FAQs [top right '?' FAQs]
Can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchants can use XLS Uploader as many times as they wish at no added cost.
For one Clover merchant account, pay once-off sign-up fee only.
How to use our sample XLS: See full user notes on FAQ 
Summary: Copy-paste names onto sample & Save XLS list to your 'Documents' to a 'Customers' folder.
- Copy 'One Column' at a time from existing list & paste into sample XLS.
- Position mouse just under column header such as "First Name" of 'Sample XLS' before you ‘Paste’.
- Repeat the process for the columns you wish to import.
- Always start with same top row cell (box) before ‘Paste’
Special unique features:
Can include a "Note" field-column, so that text-notes can be uploaded with each Customer
- Clover allows maximum 2,000 characters to be saved in "Note" field.
Can remove all existing customer records with one button ( CLEAN UP Customers )
If existing details need to be amended on all existing stored records.
And when you have a new 'clean' updated XLS list ready to Upload,
(Uploader will duplicate existing names on Clover).
To avoid 'Duplicate Customer' records on your Clover account.
First, 'CleanUpCustomers' before you Upload new list. See FAQ nos 6 & 7.
See new feature, FAQ no 7, [CleanUp] feature will auto-delete existing Customers,
- when original list has errors
- When new 'Notes' need to be added to most or all existing customers:
Solution: To avoid duplications
- Export copy existing customers details
- Create new 'upload' Xls with added Notes
- Remove existing
- Upload new improved Xls list
See top right of this page: FAQs (Frequently asked questions-replies),
and notes on how to use the App.
April 2019, XLS Uploader was updated:
Each customer record can include Two (2) Phone nos and Three (3) emails.
Must use identical 'header texts' as in Sample XLS;
[ First Name] [ Last Name ] [ Email Address ] [ Phone ] [ Address lines ] etc,
For XLS list columns that are empty, Uploader will ignore those
If you have only First name, Surname, Phone, and Email Address, then include the empty columns on Xls sample.
(Clover does not allow 'Customer' records to be created with invalid emails)
Note: When you select [Upload] to import an Xls list, app shows a 'preview' of customer details:
- If one or many customers text show as Red Font, then scroll to end of preview page & select [Return to Previous]
- Return to XLS list & follow below notes to correct email address errors:
- Highlight the [ Email Address ] column & if 2nd emails, also highlight [ Email Address 2 ] column etc
- Press CTRL button & 'F': (for 'Find')
- the below Xls pop-up appears:
- Press CTRL button & 'F' & type  one space in the [Find what: ] box.
- Clear any text or spaces in the [ 'Replace with'] box & Select 'Replace all'
- XLS will show how many replacements (spaces it will remove could be thousands)
- Select 'Confirm'
- When above is done, restore text headers above each Email column to show:
- [ Email Address ]
- [ Email Address 2 ]
- [ Email Address 3 ]
Additional RetailCP support:
- If you need RetailCP to prepare & set-up your XLS Upload lists & perform the import tasks
- Please email to email@example.com to advise the quantity of customer names (X,000 etc)
- Email one sample Xls with 3 or 4 customer records to show us the status of your existing customer lists
- modify the first & last name of those customers to support data privacy for your customers.
- Advise your contact phone or cell number
- RetailCP will quote you the once-off fee to do the complete task.
App does not permit more than 3,000 names per XLS upload list.
Must divide very large lists into maximum 3,000 customers per list.
We suggest it is better to have maximum 1,500 names in each 'upload' XLS list.
- Reason is that Clover.com imports one customer record at a time
- When lists have more than 1,500 names, Clover.com can 'time-out'
You will see this error message after the 'Preview' prepares the list,
(before you can select 'SAVE to Clover'):
To get started, use the PC or Laptop which has the list of customers.
Open your Clover account online dashboard & open the ICON "Xls Customer Uploader,,,"
Our Xls Uploader web-app opens to the screen below.
Open the sample XLS & save to your PC-Laptop.
Do not change any text on any headers of the Sample XLS.
Prepare lists with maximum 3,000 or 2,500 names & copy details into Saved Sample XLS.
See notes below on how best to copy customers lists onto Sample XLS.
1. When you have purchased 'XLS Uploader' from the Clover App Market,
App icon will appear on on your Clover Dashboard.
(Use the PC or laptop which stores the XS list). Open your online Clover dashboard.
Select (Xls Uploader. Import thousands ,,, ) from list of installed apps on dashboard.
Web-page opens & provides (Download Sample XLS) link-button.
Download the sample XLS.
Two ways to use our sample XLS:
( A ) Copy-paste names onto sample & Save XLS list to your 'Documents' to a 'Customers' folder.
Copy 'One Column' at a time from existing list & paste into sample XLS.
Always start with same top row cell (box) before ‘Paste’.
( B ) Open existing XLS list and replace the existing column headers with the exact header text
which you can copy from the sample XLS : i.e. [ First Name] [ Last Name ] [ Email ] [ Phone ] [ Address lines ] etc,
Must use-copy identical 'header texts' from Sample XLS onto list to be imported.
'Save As’ the prepared list to PC-Laptop to a 'Customers folder', where you can easily identify when using 'Upload'.
We support 'XLSM' 'XLSX' 'XLS' standard file formats.
2. To upload the XLS customer list, select & open (XLS Uploader Icon) on your Clover Dashboard,
Identify-select the XLS list (file-name) on your Laptop-PC documents folder.
We show imported Customer details for review.
If customer details are all correct, select 'Save to Clover'
Select 'Finish' to return to XLS Uploader main page-screen.
We verify content & highlight in RED any customer records which need be corrected.
If more than Two letters are entered in 'Country', Uploader displays error text in Red.
If more than 2,000 characters are entered in 'Note', Uploader displays error text in Red
If customer details need to be amended, select 'Return to Previous'.
Edit XLS where any customers details are highlighted in Red text.
Save that XLS file, return to 'Uploader' screen, select 'Remove' (so as not to use errored list).
Re-select 'Upload' to import corrected XLS file.
View & Verify all details are correct & confirm 'Save to Clover'.
If you confirm 'Save to Clover' before you correct customers marked in Red text,
App will upload all other customer details & will ignore-skip those highlighted in Red text.
Clover will generate an XLS list including names entered manually & imported via Uploader.
On Clover.com online dashboard account, as below, open ‘Customers’ & select ‘Export’.
5. Tips on fixing simple issues with XLS lists
XLS Uploader automatically removes spaces from post codes,
because Clover does not accept spaces or characters within Postal codes.
Uploader automatically removes invalid information from 'Email Address' columns
because Clover does not accept invalid email addresses.
XLS Uploader automatically removes-ignores empty Rows & Columns.
For most Clover merchants, with customers in same country,
it is not necessary to include 'Country code' on customer address details.
If you need to include 'Country code', Clover accepts '2 characters' only.
I.e. 'US' for United States, 'IE' for Ireland & 'GB' for Great Britain, or 'UK' if you prefer.
XLS Uploader will highlight in RED any 'Country' text with more than 2 letters.
6. To remove all existing Customer records from Clover account (before a new list is imported):
See extra details and screens on FAQ nos 6 & 7:
If existing details need to be amended on all records, or notes added to records, etc,
select the [Clean Up Customers] button, top right of page-screen.
Confirm ( Yes, remove all customers ).
Web-app will show progress as it removes all customer records.
Select ( Finish ) to return to main Uploader page, where you can upload new corrected list.
7. Support. If you get an error message, please check the FAQs.
If you do not find an answer to your issue, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for using XLS Uploader.
You may review other RetailCP Apps at https://retailcp.ie/